The Head of Technology Scouting and Business Development at ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd. is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. ŠKODA AUTO Digilab Israel Ltd. is a joint-venture company between a daughter company of ŠKODA AUTO and Israeli importer of VW Group brands, Champion Motors.
ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd. is a very lean organization, with focus on scouting of best in class technologies in Israel, both in software and hardware areas.
The Head of Technology Scouting and Business Development reports to local Israeli CEO and secondary also to MD of ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab, s.r.o. The person is located in Israel, but works closely with both teams of ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab as well as with ŠKODA AUTO.
The person works cross-functionally with different teams at ŠKODA AUTO: engineering and technical development teams, portfolio management, operations, and analysts with the goal to find, design, and execute project integration initiatives. The focus of the collaboration is on the core topics crucial for ŠKODA AUTO – Cyber Security, Industry 4.0, car sensors, big data, e-mobility, shared mobility services and their monetization and the connected car.
- Initiate, Develop and Lead projects testing (proof of concept) and after successful POC, to plan integration from ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd. to ŠKODA AUTO a.s.:
- Identifying and scouting for technology companies (incl. mature start-ups) for cooperation and act as a conduit and coordinator between the operations and needs of ŠKODA AUTO and ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd. in Israel.
- Analyzing trends on the market – which kind of new services/products we should focus on when scouting in the Israeli market.
- Cooperation with other ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab entities (in Prague – HQ, India, China) to identify synergies in the area of scouting and identification of the global trends and technologies relevant for the automotive industry.
- To connect innovative companies with ŠKODA AUTO and ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd.
- Develop a network of experts, partners, and investors, spanning from the Czech Republic to Israel. While located in Israel, to develop a community of technology startups with a potential value of their solutions for ŠKODA AUTO – make the Israel start-up companies interested in cooperation with us!
- Foster and maintain the connection between ŠKODA AUTO and the Czech Republic and potential project partners in Israel and support the integration of new projects and technologies within the ŠKODA AUTO structure.
- Synergies and active cooperation with the VW Group entity located in Israel: VW Group Konnect
- Identify synergies and potential business development with other VW Group brands.
- Sustain cooperation and know-how transfer with other VW Group brands, regular exchange of project portfolio management.
- Represent ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel in meetings with partners, at conferences and workshop events:
- Show presence at industry-related events and conferences in Israel and represent ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab Israel Ltd. to potential new partner companies as well as in relation to governmental and scientific institutions in Israel.
- Works closely with the joint-venture strategic partner Champion Motors in order to identify potential new opportunities.